Para Ayuda En Español, Clic Aquí,
O llame (805) 574-1638. 5CHC se ofrece asistencia sin tarifas.
5Cities Homeless Coalition can help!
5CHC is offering assistance at no charge. Whether you are a tenant or a landlord, you may make an appointment to “meet” by phone, zoom, or in person (with social distancing and mask required) to help answer questions and assist you in determining your eligibility. Call 805-574-1638 x 116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. 5CHC is currently offering appointments Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Special accommodation can be arranged for those who need assistance but are unable to leave their home.
Rent Past Due?
If you’re an income eligible renter who has experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have past due rent, or you’re a landlord who has experienced a loss in income because of unpaid rent, you may be eligible to get financial assistance now through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program.
Who Can Apply?
Landlords who have income-eligible renters experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 with past due rent.
Renters who have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19, have past due rent or utilities, and have a household income that is not more than 80% of the area median income.
How Much Rent Relief Will I Get?
Landlords can get reimbursed for 80% of past due rent accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent.
Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate may still apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021 through a direct payment to their landlord. If a landlord refuses direct payment, the 25% can be paid to the renter to pay missed rent to their landlord by June 30, 2021. Paying 25% of past due rent by June 30, 2021 can help keep renters in their homes under the extended eviction protections provided in SB 91.
Eligible renters can also receive help paying future rent, equal to 25% of their monthly amount to help them stay in their homes, and 100% of up to 12 months of unpaid or future utility bills.
Landlords and renters can make an appointment and verify eligibility immediately by visiting HousingIsKey.com, or by calling 833‐687‐0967, and if eligible, may apply now.
If you are a landlord and participate in the COVID‐19 Rent Relief program, you can get reimbursed for 80% of your eligible renters’ unpaid rent accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if you agree to waive the remaining 20% of their unpaid rent from that same time. For a detail of the program requirements, download a Landlord Checklist in English or Spanish.
If you are an eligible renter, you can also apply, and the program will contact your landlord to see if they will participate in the program to be paid 80% if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent. Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program may still receive assistance! For those renters whose landlord chooses not to participate, they may receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Paying this 25% to your landlord by June 30, 2021 can help keep you in your home under the extended eviction protections
For a detail of the program requirements, download a Tenant Checklist in English or Spanish. To check eligibility, review the required application items and apply, visit HousingIsKey.com. Required information, along with necessary verification items, will be required for applications to be processed. Once an application has been processed, both the landlord and renter will be notified about the application status and next steps.
Tenant eligibility is determined based on household income. State Income Limits for 2020 that qualify for the program (as of March 15, 2021) are 80% or less of San Luis Obispo County Area Median Income:
|Number Persons In Household:||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Extremely Low Income||20,400||23,300||26,200||29,100||31,450||35,160||39,640||44,120|
|Very Low Income||33,950||38,800||43,650||48,500||52,400||56,300||60,150||64,050|